10 seconds away from duevel planets

Discussion in 'Compatible Equipment' started by hawkeyedwizard, Jun 5, 2014.

1. hawkeyedwizard

hawkeyedwizard Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]Anyone have any personal experience with these omni directional loudspeakers?
    Had some Mirage omni's in the past, miss the immersion.
    Thoughts?
    I'm looking at the mkll top image.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Talk to Vincent Turner Jacobs I believe he was looking at these. They do look neat and I like the look!
  3. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

Bella Luna Diamante.....Lewis is correct, V TJ is the only person that has actually seen this brand. Very Nice.
  4. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

They are only 85db efficient and there is more efficient speakers out there so before I spend the money I personally would have to Hear them! Just my 2 cents!
  5. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

when i build my house hanging off a cliff in the south west, the Bella Luna Diamantes will be right next to the infinity pool. plus, that line of speakers would go well with my other interests (look left) :)
  6. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Then the enterprise speaker LOL!
  7. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

It only takes a dollar and dream. At least that is what the lottery keeps telling me :)
  8. hawkeyedwizard

They are an attractive set, though somewhat inefficient, my current speakers are 92db and that kind of drop is leaving room for reticence, I think the appearance may have taken me a bit, not sure if I have a trial option available to see how they interact with my modest 24wpc in triode on my push pull integrated. I've just spent so much time tinkering with the positions of my current speakers and felt this design may be a bit more forgiving. [​IMG]
  9. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

I've never seen those before. Wonder if they actually disperse well?
  10. hawkeyedwizard

Reviews state an elimination of the standard sweet spot. Very enticing. I can ware out some other cushions.
  11. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

the reviews i've read state that positioning these speakers is/was very critical also. bass may have been an issue also. but...they look so nice.
  12. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

At 85db efficiency I really wonder if 24 watts could do them justice. You are in the efficiency range of the Magnepans, and they eat power to sound really good.
  13. swamp shark

swamp shark Active Member

And they are 4 ohm as well. Well reviewed, and a conversation piece for sure, if you are looking for an immersive sound field, these would be worth auditioning. Beam me up, Scotty !
  14. hawkeyedwizard

I'm gonna see about a demo.. I've also go my eye on some Dunlavy SC II's, since the company's closure I'm not able to find specs, reviews are very strong for all of the company's products.. I realize it's a different beast, but wonder if this might be a better choice. very similar in price.
    big towering columns.. Think they might leave some room for improvement in the low end.. Like the planets.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  15. A. Smith

For an omni-type sound, have you checked out the Ohms? Most of them take a ballsy amp though.

http://ohmspeaker.com/
  16. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

I worked at Tech Hi Fi in the late seventies And loved the Ohm F speakers.
  17. A. Smith

There was a Tech Hi-Fi in Albany, NY that I used to drive an hour to every month or so. I don't recall if they sold Ohm or not, it was long ago!
  18. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Ohm, Infinity, Advent, Sound Design and TDC are a few that come to mind.
  19. A. Smith

Yeah, I remember Infinity and Advent (bought a pair of RSa's there). Also brands like Phase Linear, Nikko, H/K and more.

Infinity RS_a.jpg
  20. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

That emit tweeter used to always blow given a little to much power.