bluesy rock

Discussion in 'Blues' started by gimeesum, Jan 31, 2014.

1. gimeesum

gimeesum Active Member

I've recently heard some good blues rock that i thought I'd share.
    joe bonamassa ............what a guitarist! nice acoustic stuff ,as well as electric.
    he pays tribute to the likes of rory gallagher, paul rodgers and led zep with tea for one.
    some good stuff ,if you get a chance check it out?
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Watched for replies here, but none came. It is a genre I am not to familiar with.
  3. gimeesum

gimeesum Active Member

Howlin wolf , BB King , Muddy Waters .... Robert Johnson, thats where it all originated.
    Alvin Lee & Ten years after -PURE BLUES is a good one!
    Stevie Ray Von, Carlos Santana to name a few.
  4. JRSBat

JRSBat Active Member

I have never heard of him before. Soundstagedirect has 15 of his albums. Which ones should be on my wish list?
  5. gimeesum

gimeesum Active Member

if your talking about Joe bonamassa ,slow gin & dust bowl are good ones
    and live at the beacon theater on dvd is awesome ! & live at the hammersmith.( blu ray
    go on you tube check it out?
  6. JRSBat

JRSBat Active Member

Wow - just checked out YouTube. He was incredible at 13 - already playing with the greats. He is definitely on my list now. Thanks for the direction.

I also watched some of his acoustic playing. The album "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House" looks pretty interesting too.
  7. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Check Out Tony Joe White HOODOO lp i think you will like it!:cool:
  8. JRSBat

JRSBat Active Member

SoundStageDirect gave me a $5 gift certificate for my birthday. Five bucks is not a huge amount given today's LP prices but it served as a good excuse to buy a new album. I applied it towards the Joe Bonamassa double disc album "An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House". We did not get enough snow/ice to cancel work today so I am tied up till this evening. Looking forward to kicking back and listening to both LPs tonight!
  9. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

Mmmm you lot have just cost me money, just ordered pure blues and one foot in the blues, phew glad we got a lotta bonamassav;)
  10. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Enjoy! And glad we can Help! LOL!
  11. I've heard of him. He regularly plays with a female artist called Beth Hart. Now she is worth listening too. Very good american blues / rock / acoustic singer.
    She came to England to play a gig in derby to a select 200 or so. Very intimate and very very good.
  12. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

Check out R. L. Burnside's album, "A Bothered Mind". Also stuff from Eric Gale and Otis Rush, like their covers of Zeppelin songs on the House of Blues series. Son Seals is another real deal.

"You wake up in the mornin', I want you say BLUES!!...".
  13. Steve Edwards

Steve Edwards New Member

Oh Gimeesum ..........Rory Gallagher, now you're talking! One of my favorites from that period. Saw him at the Swing Auditorium (first place the Stones ever played in the US) - San Bernardino circa 1974.
  14. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member