Break-in... hooey or for real? Well...

Discussion in 'My breakin questions, experience or advice' started by Kevin D, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Kevin D

Kevin D New Member

Mike, trust me, bear with this... o_O:)

So, why the provocative title? Simple really; it's to grab attention to share something that surely supports "cable break-in is for real".

By chance, I stumbled across a UK site selling mainly "brand" cables. What caught my eye was the offer of a FREE burn-in / break-in service on some (not all) of the cables. The point is not to annoy Mike by mentioning another seller, but to make the following observation: if break-in was NOT for real, why on earth would any business spend time, money and resources doing it for free? It's obvious: they wouldn't; there must be a tangible benefit to justify it. One that springs to mind is there might be fewer complaints about poor sound when cables are going through a "screech" period or when the bottom end mysteriously goes AWOL for a few hours.

I didn't need convincing. Experiencing the break-in journey with MA1s, MA4s & MA2-PODs from zero hours was evidence enough to my own ears. But, I thought the above might be of interest to others who are sceptical of "break-in".

Happy listening all.

Edit: typo
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

When someone laughs about break in, just smile and walk away. Not worth the arguement.