Breaking in Morrow Cables Again.

Discussion in 'Breakin theory discussions (no flames allowed)' started by Lewis Smith, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

After a few months of not turning my system on in my room because of working in the shop and things around the house, Today I decided to come up to my room and turn my system on and listen and I feel like I'm breaking in Cables again so my question is when you let a system sit and not be used do you have to start all over and the Acme outlet also has not been used in a few months so I guess I just need to get the flow going again in the system and the cables. After all the Yaqin has not even been used but a few minutes in the last 3 months. Maybe I just need to run the cables a few days and see.. And I guess the tubes need to get back to being used everyday.. Hell I need a reason to listen to more Music.
  2. Lewis Smith

Now that's it the sound that I like and it only took a few day's to get warmed up.. Thank You Mike!!
  3. bobdg2000

bobdg2000 New Member

Hey everyone. I know this is an old thread, but I was having the exact same thoughts as Lewis. I figured I'd comb through the forums and see if anyone had asked anything like this before. Well, Lewis did, but there wasn't much response - just him! Lol!

I've been lurking around these forums for a few months, but this is my 1st post. (Can't seem to get the avatar to work). Anyway, I've got pretty much the same story as everyone else. I took the plunge right off the bat with SP-4's, then gradually upgraded my IC's to MA-4's as well.

I travel out of town for work, sometimes for weeks. If my system isn't powered on for a month, or if I tried a different set of cables for a few months and let the Morrows sit for a while (heaven forbid!), would the full break-in process be required to get back to where they were? Or is the break-in a one time shot - once it's done, it's done? I don't think it's the latter because break-in service is also an option on used cables.

I'd hate to think another 200-500 hour procedure would be needed!

After listening through the break-in process a couple of times I eventually went down to Goodwill and purchased a 5-disc DVD player for $6. (Did people really used to sit down and watch 5 movies?!?). I connect my new cables to the DVD which is connected to an old pre, and let that sucker run for a couple of weeks and I'm done!

Just curious on anyone else's thoughts, thanks,

Bob
  4. Lewis Smith

Bob let me say Welcome to the Morrow Forum, And after spending a few months in the shop and not using my main system. I spent the day just to rip all my CD's and what I noticed was my Morrow cables and equipment took some time to warm up . Not like the break in from new cables , so hope this helps .
  5. Weber

Weber Active Member

What helps keep my system fresh and ready is that I never turn the power off. At least twice a week I play one cd.