Christmas diffuser

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ernie Adams, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Well, time to put up the Christmas diffuser. My grand daughter calls it a Christmas tree. Either way, sure changes the sound in the room for a few weeks.
  2. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

As my kids have aged into young adults the tree goes up later and later each year. It also comes down really quickly after the holidays. It is in the same room as my main system and it does impede the overall balance. Maybe I'm just becoming more of a Scrooge the older I get . No not maybe :)
    idaman19 likes this.
  3. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

As Ernie is sitting there one night and having a glass of Wine and listening to some Fourplay he gets the Bright idea to Tweak the tree for better sound and his wife ask him the next morning WTH have you done! And he say's i don't know but it sounds better! LOL Guy's and have a Great One!
    idaman19 likes this.
  4. Ernie Adams

Angling all the ornaments so they reflect the sound properly???? I LIKE IT!!!! Sorry Grand Daughter, I know the tree looks funny, but my system sounds great!!!
  5. Ernie Adams

Diffuser in place. Now to adjust the tree a bit to get my best sound.:D:rolleyes:
  6. Lewis Smith

I have a Extra Acme Outlet you can use to make the lights brighter!:D:rolleyes:!!!
  7. Lewis Smith

Hey Ernie how many times have you moved that tree? To get the sound right? And how much Teflon tape did you use LOL! Just kidding big guy hope you enjoy the time with family :)
  8. Ernie Adams

I never thought of that! Wonder what it would do?:D
  9. Weber

Weber Active Member

The tree is up and makes the room look great.As for the sound difference it's minor,but fun watching the oraments bounce around.
  10. Lewis Smith

Hey guy's you still adjusting the Tree? or your speakers! Enjoy the season! :)
  11. Ernie Adams

Traveling to much now. When last listened to, I was happy with the sound.
  12. Weber

Weber Active Member

Just blasted some more oraments off the tree. Wife said thats enough of that.Turn it down a nouch or three.
  13. Ernie Adams

Re-worked the subwoofer settings today. With the Christmas diffuser in place I got a fuller sound with the new sub settings. Also seems to give a better sound throughout the house, which is kind of weird.
  14. Weber

Weber Active Member

Turn it up and shake that tree.
  15. Ernie Adams

Got the Christmas tree diffuser out again. Different equipment in place this year with the diffuser. Actually sounds pretty good. Bass seems really deep, but I have a Pass Labs X250 this year.
  16. Form and function. I like it!

Actually, now that I think of it, the tree did make our theater room a little less live last year. We didn't manage to get a tree this past weekend...perhaps this coming weekend. This spot is just to the right of the right loudspeaker and display from last year:

[​IMG]