FINALLY IN THE DIGITAL WORLD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ernie Adams, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

My son in law was over, listening to the re capped speakers. He asked if I had gotten Pandora. I told him I didn't have a way to hook it up to my system. He asked if my blue ray player ran through my system.....OF COURSE IT DOES, ARE YOU CRAZY????...........Then you can get Pandora.............NO S..T!!!!! Well about 5 minutes later, I'm listening to my own selecte station, through my Audible Illusions preamp, Pass Labs amp, and my newly re capped fully modified Snell E II speakers...........I AM NOW IN THE DIGITAL WORLD!!!!

GO FIGURE. The old dog can learn a new trick.
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  2. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Enjoy. Digital can be a good thing and I have found a lot of new music with Pandora and even YouTube .
  3. Ernie Adams

Tell me about it. Listened for about 1 hour and found all kinds of stuff I never knew was out there, and I love. Oh, Oh...........my wallet may be getting thinner because I will have to have some of this IN MY HAND.:D
    Francis likes this.
  4. Ernie Adams

A little update on digital. Listening last night and they started to play a song I am very familiar with, because I have it on CD. I figured, lets see how good this is. So I cued up the CD, then switched between the Pandora and the CD. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The CD has a depth to it that was not their through Pandora. On this song there are water drips that play. On Pandora, you knew they were water drips and it sounded nice, but on the CD, those water drips had a depth and decay that was amazing. SO...............Pandora for just relaxing and vegging out, LP's and CD's when I want to really enjoy what the system is capable of.:rolleyes:
  5. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

I use digital in the shop and outside so I don't have to worry about changing a cd. The sound quality is not the same I know but I do like the convenience. Now when I get serious about Music I fire up my main system.:D
  6. Francis

Francis Active Member

I have all my CDs converted to files, either in .wav or .flac (loseless format). So you'll get both quality and convenience :)

I never listen to mp3.
  7. Weber

Weber Active Member

I didn't care for any of the music down loads on those sights. Cd and some Flac files are the best I've come across. Most of the music servers are basic non audiophile quality.