Has anyone heard/compared the difference between PH7 and the Elite Grand Reference Phono Cable?s

Discussion in 'Morrow Phono Cables' started by Dean Shizas, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Dean Shizas

Dean Shizas New Member

Thinking about upgrading the PH7 to the Elite Grand Reference Phono Cables. Wondering if its worth it and why? What is the difference if anyone has had a chance to compare?
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

I have not. I stopped at level 7 simply based on affordability. I did notice differences when going from the 4 to the 7. Also, in my set ups I have 2 tables. One is a Music Hall 9.1. The level 7's work great and sound awesome with that table. I also have a restored vintage AR XA table. This table has been fully restored and upgraded. The level 7 cables with this table sound a bit muddy and also input a very slight hum into the system. I had to go to another brand cable that cost a lot less than my level 7's for the AR table. Those cables eliminated the hum and also got rid of the muddiness. I know Mike does not like mentioning other brands, so I will not mention the name of the cable, only let you know what happened.
    Good luck and let us know what you decide.