Hello from Westchester County NY

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself.' started by Jacquot50, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jacquot50

Jacquot50 New Member

Just took advantage of the Black Friday deals, 2 pairs of MA-4s. First was a used pair between the preamp and amp, then received today a new pair to connect the DAC and pre. The first change made a huge difference immediately, and the second definitely shows strong hints of what is to come (opted for 2 day break-in only), and I'll just keep playing and welcome the changes when the come. This is with Fi pre and 2A3 power through Coincident monitors. The CD is an EAD transport and Scott Nixon DAC, doing vinyl too with an LP12. I can tell these cables are going to take it all to a new level, I'm already hearing more sound information, and with more balance and clarity, despite the roughness from the new pair. We listen to all kinds of music from rock and jazz to opera and chamber music, and play as well--piano and flute. Glad to have found these cables, and totally by chance, and then there is a Forum as well!
    David
    David C. Snyder likes this.
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Welcome! You are officially in the VORTEX now. Your level 7's are being made for you as I write this. You just didn't know it.
  3. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Welcome and enjoy!
  4. @Jacquot50 - Welcome! I have a couple new of pairs of MA-4s due in next week, along with a pair of SP-4s. Really looking forward to hearing what they can offer compared to other things I've been listening to.
  5. Jacquot50

Jacquot50 New Member

I like mine so much I ordered a 3rd pair of MA-4s with the current promotion. Those will replace a set of Transparent Plus cables, and I expect a noticeable improvement...
  6. Jacquot50

Jacquot50 New Member

Just a follow up, the MA-3's arrived and they make a significant difference for the tuner (it's a nice older Yamaha). I was not sure how this one would work out, but I'm happy now, all interconnects upgraded, thanks to the great recent sales!
  7. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Don't forget, Mike is making your 7's now. The VORTEX has you in its grip.
  8. Jacquot50

Jacquot50 New Member

I meant MA-4's, and yes, I can see 6's or 7's from the DAC...