Help with connecting a VCR to a Yamaha Receiver

Discussion in 'Other equipment' started by Phil Fitzgerald, May 28, 2016.

1. Phil Fitzgerald

Phil Fitzgerald New Member

I have a Yamaha Receiver HTR-6240. I can't figure out where to put my IN and Out Coax cables in the rear of the Receiver. I don't know if I am in the right Forum or maybe this Forum is not for my question.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Phil

file:///C:/Users/ptfit/Desktop/HTR-6240_AV-Receiver_manual.pdf Page 5 shows the rear of the Receiver.
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the coax from either your cable provider or similar, it is coax from the wall into the receiver "in" then out to whatever you want to hook to, to that piece of equipments "in". Not sure if this is what you are needing or not, but hope it gets you going in the right direction.
  3. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

On the back of the VCR you will see a left and right female RCA. They will have the colors red and white. They will be labeled "audio out" or something like that.
    If you do not have that, another option is to use the same mentioned above, but off your TV. In fact, that is a better way. Anything that you are then watching, the sound will go through your stereo system... be it a DVD, VCR tape, Cable TV, etc.
  4. Phil Fitzgerald

5. Phil Fitzgerald

I'm confused. I have a DVR that is connected to the TV by an HDMI Plug cable into the Receiver's HDMI Out Blu Ray/DVD HDMI Plug. I have an HDMI plug from HDMI 5 from the TV to an HDMI In Plug. connected to an HDMI Plug In to the Receiver. I have several Coax Plugs in the rear where the VCR should work, but it doesn't. I ended up plugging the VCR out Plug to the TV's Coax 6 Plug of the TV, but now I only get the TV's speakers. I hope I'm not confusing you.
  6. Ernie Adams

All connections go from " in to out" and "out to in". Doing this will eventually get things to work.
  7. Phil Fitzgerald

8. Phil Fitzgerald

I have Red, White and Yellow. I can't get it to work plugging them into the Audio and Video Plugs. I wish you could see the back of my Receiver. I have a photo of it on the manual.
    Anyway, I have a white, red and yellow plug for the IN and Out of the VCR. I can plug it into an input on the TV. However, it only comes through the TV's speakers.
    Phil
  9. Ernie Adams

If your picture is working and you only get sound from the TV speakers, then you need to hook the red and white to one of the AUX inputs for your Stereo Speakers. Then when you watch TV, put the Receiver selector on that AUX button to get the sound to come through your Stereo speakers. Not sure if this is what you mean, but it is what I am understanding you to mean.
  10. Phil Fitzgerald

I appreciate all your help. I will try that.
    Thanks, Phil