help with interconnects

Discussion in 'Compatible Equipment' started by gpstutes, Mar 21, 2014.

1. gpstutes

gpstutes New Member

Hi guys new to this forum and morrow just ordered ma3 to go to oppo 103 from preamp to maggies mmgs question running 7 channel amp what ics recommended I was thinkin 1.1s or go digital ics help
  2. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

You should be very happy with the MA3's ! I only have the MA1's and have been very happy!! I'm a 2 channel guy and don't do a lot of Digital stuff so that question i can't answer but i do know that you will be very Pleased with Morrow Cables!!! They do need at least 400hrs to get the best out of them! As with all of us The BUDGET plays a big roll in all of this so go as high as your Budget will allow! ;)
  3. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Email Mike. He will direct you. My personal opinion is to go as high as you can afford.
  4. Lewis Smith

This is a true statement Ernie!! I ordered the MA1's just to see for myself and it was a wild ride but now i wished i had gone to a higher level!!
  5. gpstutes

gpstutes New Member

I'm thinking about m1.1 for amp cables can't go much higher it's a wife thing I can probably get away with two hundred with little explaining
  6. Lewis Smith

They only stay Mad for a little while! LOL!!
    gpstutes likes this.
  7. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

I am running MA1's from my sacd player and MA 1.1's from my phono amp to my preamp. I am very satisfied with both of them. I was using cables from a few very well known manufacturers that were a lot more expensive and I feel that these sound better in my system. That is after the required break in period. I have no desire to upgrade from these and would rather spend the money on music. I have gotten off of the equipment merry go round for the forseeable future and have decided to enjoy what it is supposed to be all about. THE MUSIC ;) The people that keep upgrading their equipment and only have a handful of cd's and lp's and that is all they listen to really confuse me o_O Veriety is the spice of life, or so they say.
    hawkgt and Lewis Smith like this.
  8. gpstutes

gpstutes New Member

Yeah I'm waiting for my ma3 to come in and probably go with five 1.1s to amp I'm sure I will be saatisfied the 3s
  9. gpstutes

gpstutes New Member

10. Lewis Smith

I will make my Last upgrade this summer when I go to Mono Blocks and order the MA5's and the SP5's and then that should be it for me and my budget!!!
  11. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

The funny thing Lewis is that for more than twenty years I have gone through three different mono blocks. High wattage tube, single ended low output tube and hybrid high output with tube input, driver and rectification and solid state output. With my current electrostat speakers I found the best amp in my budget to be the single chassis Parasound Halo. If you asked me a couple of years ago I would have told you I would never go back to a single stereo amp :confused:
  12. Lewis Smith

What did not like about Mono Blocks may i ask ???
  13. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

With the speakers I was using in the past these different amp's worked well for each set of speakers requirements. When I upgrade speakers I alsmost always upgrade the amps within a few months to a year. I try different amps in my system until I find what I feel to be a harmonious synergy. Nothing wrong with mono blocks. I was just really blown away by the Parasound Halo with my speakers. For a solid state amp it has a lot of tube qualities. It has a very inviting top end and is a little laid back compaired to other solid state amps I have heard and owned. It was also designed by John Curl who is an icon in this industry.
  14. Lewis Smith

A friend of mine has Martin Logan's and McIntosh 7270 Amp and i am very impressed with the sound!! the M/L's need that Power to make them sound SWEET!!
  15. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

They really need current on demand and the amp needs to be stable into a 1 ohm load for the speakers to sound their best. This is a feat that many if not most tube amps can't perform. I did use tubes for a short while with them but the top end was rolled off and the bottom end less controled than I like. This amp has the bottom end in a vise like grip and the top end is clean extended and crisp without being bright. To sum it up, all I could ask for :)
  16. Lewis Smith

Well are still Satisfied with the 3's and what do you think about them ???
  17. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

last upgrade ? :rolleyes: L O L.
    Leo Rousseau likes this.
  18. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

That's good advise. i called MA about some 3's. ended up with the 5's. now, a month later, 7's should be at my door by Teusday. make contact. it's worth it. and enjoy the ride.
  19. Lewis Smith

The 7's are Sweet !!!
  20. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

7's brought everything into focus. That is where I will stop.