Jolida CD Player

Discussion in 'Jolida Audio' started by Lewis Smith, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,
    I see where your sold out of CD players from Jolida is that a good sign I would like to try them !!
  2. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

The model is discontinued!
  3. Lewis Smith

Will they come out with a new one ????
  4. Lewis Smith

So Mike for a Tube CD Player What would you Suggest???
  5. Lewis--The 100a cdp is fantastic. With minor changes (valves, power cord), this thing becomes something special. If you want to save a little money (as I see you don't have a cdp in your outfit), pick up an original PlayStationOne, model #1001 or #5501, until you get the Jolida. The 5501 has a better laser mechanism, cleaner tracking, but you will need to install RCA jacks; the 1001 has RCA jacks. Best ten, twenty bucks you'll ever spend. Get a new power cord for a little more, like a PS Audio PowerPunch C7--an impressive upgrade--and you've a force to be reckoned with. All those on the Web who scoff at this little gaming unit as a dedicated cdp have not heard it. Hyperbole rules the EgoNet: the PS1 has great sound, but it is not comparable to $3000 and $5000 units; nor is it a worthless haul, overexposed (for a time) and overappreciated. A great little player got for the price of a pack of cigarettes and a six pack of IPA (not that anyone smokes or drinks anymore, ever, in the happy modern world, all of us healthy, no one looking over our shoulders, ready to shame us into behaving, ha ha hem...).
  6. Lewis Smith

Thanks i will look into the play station but i do have a CDP!
    The Yamaha cdc-575 and it was free and works good !
    I can add a Tube Buffer and save some $$$ and see what happens??
  7. JRSBat

JRSBat Active Member

I was talking with Jolida on Friday. They are introducing a lot of new products soon. One of the items is a DAC transport that can also be used as a stand alone CD player. He was talking about a lot of other products - will be interesting!

One of the new items is an integrated amp that is basically a new iteration of my 302/502. Like my 302BRC the new 3502 will play EL-34s and KT-88s. It will have a switch to adjust the bias diodes for each type of tube so you do not have to use a meter to switch tubes. The first run has sold out already - big demand.
  8. Lewis Smith

Thanks thats interesting !!! Will Check it out!
  9. JRSBat

JRSBat Active Member

The Jolida rep thought Jolida's new website was already up. The old website was still there when he checked on Friday. He said the new site should be up soon.

I just checked it and it is still the old website with the old products. Maybe Mike can get better info.

I have seen the Jolida 3502 being sold on Audiogon - they are all gone now. The new products are making their way to market.
  10. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Jolida has a CD player in the $2000.00 range. We will have it on the website soon.
  11. Lewis Smith

Cool! Let Me Know!
    I just payed off my Paypal Acct!!!
  12. Sorry about that, Lewis. Don't know how I missed that...New gear? I gotta get another hobby...
  13. Lewis Smith

No problem! Let's see what these new jolida products look like !!!