Losing your Man Cave and gaining another

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lewis Smith, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

My wife has decided that since i am building a 24x24 shop she wants to move the master suite upstairs and take over the whole upstairs so do i make MAMA happy or do i loose my Man Cave and catch hell if i say NO WAY! As i have spoiled her with our old house and a 600 sg ft bedroom with a coffee bar and 200 sq ft closet and a 200 sq ft office that you never had to leave to get to the rest of the house even built a fireplace in the bedroom to stay warm in the winter! So what is a Man got to do LOL! I guess build a 24x24 garage and say Yes Dear LOL!
    idaman19 likes this.
  2. swamp shark

swamp shark Active Member

And a very nice lady, just today, asked me why I was single..... :) I just smiled.
    Basil H, idaman19 and Lewis Smith like this.
  3. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

So that gives me the OK to put whatever i want in there I guess so i can have a big TV and cold keg of Beer!
  4. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Got to figure out how I put a Pinball mach in there and the Dart board and the poker table and the table saw and the welder and the auto lift! And the Legacy's LOL!
    idaman19 likes this.
  5. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

:D
    Sounds like pay back for buying the speakersLOL:D:D:D
  6. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like that garage needs to grow from 24' to 48' :)
  7. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

No we have just got used to a Suite with so much room and I even had a 12x7 dressing room in the old house and a Fridge and a Wine Cooler in the Master that we need more Room in our Older Years with the Kids Gone!! We have spent so Many Years with the kids Now it TIME for me and MAMA! And We can even get in the Swim Spa at 2 AM... I try very hard to give MAMA what she wants and I get a space to just be a Guy and Enjoy and play some Poker and loose some money LOL! I will still have some of my Room left to just be me it's just we are taking the entire upstairs as our own! Ernie I have 2 bedrooms and 2 walk in Closets and 2 baths and a bonus room that was turned into a Apartment with a full bath and a wet bar and a Small room for a Office so let the kids move out and Mama and Me Enjoy! SO i will loose some of my room BUT I will gain in the End LOL!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  8. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

Kick the kids in the ass out the door and get yer house back! :eek: I'll send ya my old Size 12 Army boots!
  9. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

My good friends built a 5000 sq ft 2 bedroom house with the 2nd bedroom being 12 x 12 and we ask them why and they said when the Kids come home we don't wont them to feel comfy LOL! and now my son has reenlisted with the Air Force so now it's time! We miss our old Suite that was in the other house and now we will have even more room to expand and just enjoy as you can knock on the door and we won't hear you LOL!
  10. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

Lewis, do you use a golf cart to get to different areas of your estate,or does the butler just carry you?:). also, may i rent a room? somewhere near the par-3 over the mote, and walking distance to the observatory. can't wait for Texas Hold-em in the new cave...Lucky You.
    Lewis Smith and Bonz like this.
  11. Weber

Weber Active Member

Sounds like you need to get your shop up and going.Keep the door locked at all times.My wife said if I ever leave she's keeping the stereo and the cable's.
  12. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Well Guys just did Paperwork so the new shop should be done in a couple weeks and then it is elect work and insulation and so on.. already getting all my old equipment ready to go in and getting so excited about this! This will be the best Man cave shop that I have ever had and I can do whatever I want in there! I think the definitive tech 8020's will be just fine in there with the Morrow SP2's
    A. Smith likes this.
  13. Weber

Weber Active Member

Sounds like a good plan,play it loud and no one will care.Bliss is on the way.
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  14. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

Grats, Lewis! Hope it all goes well.
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  15. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

March 1st and no start on the shop and i'm getting :( this d## weather has got to give! Hopefully we will have some dry weather Soon!
  16. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Just got our upstairs bedroom setup and will be putting the Mc Ma6450 in there along with the Zu Omens and looking at a docking station for my old iPhone so we can have Pandora in the bedroom:cool: and just hit the Like button A lot LOL! And Yes Morrow will be in my Bedroom! o_O
  17. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Well guy's the upstairs is done and after 2 months of weather delay's the man cave is getting closer to being finished. 1428359867305-120572993.jpg
    idaman19 likes this.
  18. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Doesn't look done to me. LOL
  19. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

The upstairs is done in the house and this will be Done Soon.
  20. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Welcome to the South calling for rain all week lol.