MA1 & MA1.1 compatible with a Bob's Device SUT to Rogue Ares Preamp?

Discussion in 'Compatible Equipment' started by Dana Holmes, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Dana Holmes

Dana Holmes New Member

Hello gang,

I am new to this forum and have never ordered a set of Morrow Cables (interconnects) yet to this day. I have been using Audio Advisor excludes of AudioQuest Black Mamba II interconnects in my system. I recently ordered a SKY20 Step-Up Transformer from Bob's Devices to run my Clearaudio Concept turntable into. I then need a short interconnect to run from the output of the SUT to my Rogue Ares Phono Preamp. According to Bob at Bob's devices he said the interconnect has to be special (like the ones he sells on his website). He stated that, "They need to be constructed of a twisted pair and then have a separate shield that is only connected to the – (Negative) side of the RCA at one end only."

Not really knowing a lot about Morrow Cables except for all of the great testimonials, does anybody know if the MA1 or MA1.1 would be compatible and sufficient for my needs as per bob's description above?

Otherwise I need to purchase this special cable from Bob's Devices website: "The silver and silver clad interconnects are terminated using WBT silver solder. As always, we back our cables with our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. All Bob's interconnects feature a balanced type of architecture with internal conductors carrying the + and - signal with an additional braided conductive shield that is connected on one end only. This provides shielding effectively rejecting RF and EM interference without creating ground loops (say goodbye to hum)."

Thanks so much for any input - Dana
  2. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

First let me say Welcome to the Forum and I'm currently using the Morrow PH2 from my project TT to my Phono pre amp and then MA5' to my Amp and i could not be happier with that combination as far as the construction of MA cables all i know is that phono cables need to be shielded and the PH cables are and i would not trade mine for the world. Call Mike and talk to him and try them all it cost you is shipping to try and i believe you will like them.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Dana Holmes likes this.
  3. Lewis Smith

As with any cable don't rush to judgement too soon as it takes awhile to break them in. Happy Listening.:)
  4. Dana Holmes

Dana Holmes New Member

Right on Lewis - I appreciate your input my friend! Dana
  5. Lewis Smith

No Problem and Enjoy:)
  6. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

First off welcome ! Give Mike a call . I am pretty sure he will have something that will work within your budget.
  7. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I use the PH6 cable with my turntable. I started with the 4's and had to go to the 6 after hearing what my other upgrades did. What you are describing is a shielded cable for phono applications. That is what the PH series is for. Call Mike. He will steer you right. Do get the burn in on anything you order. Really helps with the break in time you will have to go through.
  8. Lewis Smith

You will be happy with Morrow Cables it's all i use.