MA4 Break In Config Question

Discussion in 'My breakin questions, experience or advice' started by JohnR, Feb 22, 2014.

1. JohnR

JohnR New Member

I have an Oppo 105-D using the MA4's as an analog RCA interconnect to my Yamaha RX-A2030 AVR.

The Oppo is also connected to Yammy via HDMI for video/digital. I select the HDMI digital signal via "AV1" source select on the Yammy. I select the analog MA4 signal via "Audio 1" source select on the Yammy.

I am using Emerson Lake and Palmer Welcome Back....CD as my burn in disc set on repeat all.

Once I have the Yammy selecting the MA4 interconnects ,all is well.

My question is what happens when I turn the Yammy off, as it sounds like you can do during break in. Will both the HDMI and MA4 be loaded, or perhaps will the Oppo only default to the HDMI? The Oppo does not allow you to select an output, so I don't know if it is smart enough to know the Yammy is off and default to HDMI.

I know the easy answer is to just leave the Yammy on with MA4's selected as input and turn down the volume, but I was hoping to save some juice and minimize heat for my 500 hour patience test :)

All feedback/thoughts appreciated!
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

I believe as long as the source is turned on, you do not have to have any other items on. Not sure in your set up though, but if I am breaking in my HDMI cable from my blu ray player and also from a CD player, I would have to have them both on, but not the TV or power amp.