New cd/sacd player on the way

Discussion in 'CD players, transports and DAC's' started by Bonz, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

I have just ordered a factory refurbished Teac CD3000 player . It will be shipped soon. It is at Teac in California as we speak. My Marantz Sa8004 will migrate into the bedroom system and my Cayin tube cd player will be used in the garage system. That will leave me with my Sony c222es as a back up piece if my son doesn't want it.
    idaman19 and Lewis Smith like this.
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm trying to figure out how to get some PH7's. Will have to wait for the moment.
  3. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Thanks Ernie. I might not see it for a couple of weeks. I couldn't pass it up. I ended up getting it for much less than half of the msrp of a new one.
  4. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Awesome and let us know what you think about it
    Just looked at the specs on it So Cool!
    Bonz likes this.
  5. swamp shark

swamp shark Active Member

I"ve seen it way too many times in my years of high end audio, constantly changing gear and never being happy. Sounds like some people would rather play with their equipment. I prefer to play music.
  6. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Not me. My Sony is over thirteen years old and still used. The Cayin is about twelve years old and still in constant use and the Marantz is three years old and also always used.
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  7. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Congrats! What fun! :)
  8. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Bonz do you use the DAC on CDP's at all or is it just to play CD's ?
  9. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Every once in awhile the Kids will use the front input on the Marantz with their IPod That is about it.
  10. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

They say the Teac that you ordered has a Great DAC ! So I take it you did not order it for that reason.
  11. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Yes I did. I just have no interest in using the internal dac for anything but converting cd's and sacd's :)
    idaman19 likes this.
  12. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

like Bobby D says, "you talkin to me ?". in my many months of mid-high end audio i've replaced Everything at least once. i'll upgrade everything my paycheck will allow. new amp(s), new sub(s), new surrounds, new Big tv . i love it when something newer, bigger, badder, is in the mail and on its way to me. Bonz has Got to feel pretty excited about getting some new gear. looks like it's been a few years. way to go Bonz!:)
    Bonz likes this.
  13. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

and, of course, our gear is all crap without a silver outlet..;).............easy boys. just messin around.
  14. Ernie Adams

Don't knock it till you try it...........Probably one of the best tweaks I have done for the money.
  15. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

will do. before summer. next time i take apart my system. not knockin it...havn fun with it.
  16. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Swamp. That's why a long time ago I decided to get off the high-end merry-go-round...cancelled all of my audio rags and decided to get happy with a rig. Even if you can afford an expensive, or even a cost-no-object system, there's always The Next Big Thing™ that they try to get you to buy. It's their job to make you think that your rig is somehow inadequate, that another "upgrade" will do the trick.

The reality is that at the upper end, there's not so much an improvement with another piece of gear (once you've found components that work well together)...but more of a lateral move, i.e., which trade-off's are you willing to live with since recordings will never sound like actual live musicians. At some point I had to say "that's it, I'm done!"

"No loudspeaker system even approaches real life so there is plenty of room for interpretation."

- Greg Timbers
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  17. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

The Teac cd-3000 finally arrived after almost three months of waiting. Just got home from a long day at work and was surprised to see the box waiting for me. I just hooked it up and giving it a spin:)
    idaman19 likes this.
  18. Ernie Adams

Let us know your thoughts.
  19. idaman19

idaman19 Active Member

about darn time. cool for you Bonz. enjoy!
  20. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

The depth of soundstage is very close to my tube phono stage. Very smooth and engaging from top to bottom. More authoritative and refined than my Marantz is. I am very impressed with it's ease of reproduction. It is not fatiguing in the least bit. The only issue I have is when playing sacd's the player has a slight pause in between tracks. Live albums and albums that have tracks that run together have about a second pause in between them. CDs do not have this break in between. After some research I have found that this is normal for this unit. I can live with this even though I wish it did not do this. More input to come the more I listen.