New cd/sacd player on the way

Discussion in 'CD players, transports and DAC's' started by Bonz, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

WIN_20150403_200526.JPG sorry the photo is so poor . Blame my tablet:)
    Lewis Smith and Ernie Adams like this.
  2. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

3. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Very Nice Bonz.. So how does it compare to the Marantz and don't be shy ;)
  4. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

Nice that they have a silver option. I get bored with black audio gear, and some of it is hard to read.

Looks like the same D/A chip - the Cirrus Logic CS4398 - as in some Marantz and other models, including my Asus soundcard, but the Teac upsamples to 192k which this CD6005 does not (the Xonar card does). Doesn't mean they'll sound the same of course, different analog sections, etc. I'd imagine if done right I'd prefer the upsampled sound of the Teac. I tell ya, on some if not many recordings the sound I get from Radio Paradise through the Xonar beats the CD6005 and a Pioneer player I have like a gubmint mule, and it's not even linked with Morrow wires...yet.

Bonz, why 3 months to get it? Backordered?
  5. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

I purchased it as a refurbished model at an incredible price. Paid for it months ago.Just had to wait until one was available .
  6. A. Smith

Ah, cool then!
  7. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

WIN_20160619_092100.JPG Scored this last Monday. The build quality is unreal. It's weight is over thirty five pounds. The Teac has been moved to the garage system.
  8. A. Smith

Yeah the old ES players were built well, like some of the Pioneer Elite line. Nice score!
  9. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Very nice........so how does it sound????
  10. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Sorry to say I have not really had the time to do much critical listening. From what I have heard it is very detailed with pinpoint accuracy and a wide and deep soundstage. It is picky about some cd's . This I knew about before buying. Some scratched cds it does not like. Thankfully the majority of my music is pristine . What I have heard so far has been very impressive so at this time I am a happy camper. I will have more to say as time goes on.