PH1 for Ortofon 2M Carts?

Discussion in 'Morrow Phono Cables' started by Church, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Church

Church New Member

I'm looking at the PH1 to use on my TT. The table will change next year but I am most likely staying put with the 2M series MM carts.

I know that capacitance affects the sound so I wondered if the PH1 would be a good cable. I have been using the BJC LC-1 which is hilariously low in capacitance.

Thanks!
    April likes this.
  2. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

The PH1 will be an excellent fit for your cartridge and equipment. Enjoy!
  3. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

I started with the level 1cables. If your budget will allow, I suggest going as high as you can up front. Trust me, once you hear the PH1, you will want to go higher. You might want to see what Mike could do on a used cable. All of this is IMHO, but from experience. Good luck.
  4. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

I have the PH2s on my old dual 1219 with a Grado Red and like that combination.
    Ernie Adams likes this.
  5. Church

Church New Member

I'm going with 4's on my interconnects and 4's on my speaker cables which ship today. My concern about the phono cables is the capacitance which affects MM carts. I have been an LC-1 with a capacitance of 12 per half-meter. The PH1 is like 98 per meter. I don't know at what point the capacitance starts making things bright.

I guess, from what I read MC carts don't have to worry about this.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  6. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Correct. MC cartridges are not affected by cable capacitance. You should be fine with the PH1.