PH6 Grand Reference

Discussion in 'Morrow Phono Cables' started by Catcher10, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

So from the email I just received on trade up sale/program....I just pulled the trigger on a new set of PH6 Grand Reference Phono cables, trading in my PH3 cables.

Also ordered the 10 day break in service.....will see how that works, first time I have done this on any of my Morrow cables.

I'm very happy!
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  2. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

That is Awesome! Yep i'm looking at the product line Now!!:cool::cool:
  3. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Mike is sending me a email now to look over this weekend!!
    This is Awesome!!!
  4. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Be prepared to be blown away. Sound stage will widen in FEET.
  5. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

^ That's the plan stan...!
  6. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Please Keep us Posted on this!
  7. Cnote

Cnote New Member

Just received my PH6 Grand Reference cables today. They had the 10 day burn in with the silver Eichmann Silver ends. First impression, big sound stage, deeper bass and extremely clear.
  8. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Thats Cool what did you have before? And i like your avatar! and your Equipment can you post some Pictures Please!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
  9. Cnote

Cnote New Member

I used Audioquest cables. With the 60 return policy this is a opportunity to try something new. But after listening for six hours today, I don't think they'll be going back.
  10. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Guest

Yea it addictive! Welcome to Morrow!
  11. Ernie Adams

The Morrow magic has happened again.........just wait a few weeks. They will settle in even more. You will wake up one day and put something on your turntable and wonder what happened, because it just sounds so good.
  12. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Got my Grand Reference PH-6 the other day.....seems a bit better than the PH-3 right now, but I know from experience I need to give them about 200hrs. Although with the 10 day burn in I hope that will be cut down some.

What I do notice is the background has gotten even quieter....
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  13. Ernie Adams

You also should notice a more lush soundstage with better placement of instruments. Keep us informed.
  14. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Sounds like dog poop right now.....Ohhh the agony! :D
  15. Ernie Adams

Kind of weird. I got mine used from Mike and there was an immediate wow over my 4's. Then it went down for a bit, but still really good. Now they are very nice. Hang in there.
  16. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Just hold on... beautiful music and being blown away is just around the corner :)
  17. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

PH6 Testimonial:
    "These cables were for a new addition to my system, a SUT. I ordered the PH3 initially and after over 400 hours found it to be very good but I wanted more. I then ordered the PH6 w/Eichman silvers. After your 48 hour burn-in then another 48 when I received it, I couldn''t wait to check it out.

I was taken back when I heard the remarkable improvement over the PH3. Leading edge transients, hidden detail and subtle cues, extended frequency response and the soundstage, it is HUGE! All of this without being bright, etched or in your face in any way. Very dynamic yet very refined. This is with just right under 100 hours. I don''t think I''ll be in the market for another phono cable. I''m very pleased. Steve S."
  18. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Believe me guys I know....I have plenty of MA cables and this is normal. They sounded good for a few hours now in the poop stage, probably need 100 hours and I will be in sonic bliss.
    I am not worried at all......
  19. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Just connected the PH6s to my DAC and then to NAD amp, and will play my digital files on endless loop to get some quick hours on the cables...That should help quite a bit.
  20. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

10 hours of DAC to amp playing digital files on endless loop I think helped a lot!! Just put the PH6s back to the TT/Phonoamp/Int amp and spinning Pink Floyd DSOTM and the bass extension is insane. Deep, cohesive, tight bone moving in places....Overall a much bigger sound....I like it.