PH6

Discussion in 'Morrow Phono Cables' started by Ernie Adams, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

My PH6 cables will be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow. Can't wait to hook them up and compare them to the PH4's I currently have.
  2. Ernie Adams

Weather delay. Post office says they will be here today. Like a kid in a candy store waiting.
  3. Ernie Adams

They just got here. Hooked up and playing now. First thoughts: Immediate opening of soundstage. Much more focus on the instruments. I am listening to Pink Floyd Momentary Laps of Reason. The first song on side one has a lot of drums. The attack of the drums is better. The sound goes left and right about 4 more feet from the speakers. AMAZING!! How do you do that??? I had PH4's and I thought they were really good, but I kept hearing the move up 2 levels will really make you wonder.....IT HAS!! Now I need some MA6's. It will have to wait. Still owe some more on Easy Pay on these.
    Dennis Farrar likes this.
  4. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see they finally made it to you. That incredible amount of snow that came your way last week truly paralyzed you guys:)
  5. Ernie Adams

Yes... the whole 2 inches. I've been listening to the PH6's for a little while now. Pink Floyd is amazing. I am listening to a Narada Label of David Lanz. Very easy piano. I'm upstairs on the computer and it sounds like I own a piano downstairs. Bonz, when you can swing it, you need to go up on cables with the turntable you have. You will definitely be amazed.
  6. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Don't be alarmed if in about 20hrs of use the sound goes to krapp, it has happened to all my MA cables. Once I hit about 80hrs use then the sound comes back in a big way.
    I would like a set of PH6s
  7. Ernie Adams

I am hoping the 5 day burn in did the trick. While I was waiting for them, I asked Bill at Morrow when they were going to ship. He gave me a date. I told him if he wanted he could wait a couple of days and give them a couple more days of burn in. He told me sure thing. I'm hoping I got that extra 2 days.
  8. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Ahhh...ok you got the burnin option. I let my system do the burn in....so my wait time for glorious sound is longer than yours.
  9. Ernie Adams

After going through the total burn in on my first set of cables, I vowed never to have to wait that long again.
  10. Ernie Adams

Update on my PH6's. The sound compressed down a bit yesterday during the day. Later in the day, they seemed to open up again. Still amazing cables. Need to get another 100 or so hours on them. May hook up to a CD player this weekend.
  11. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Not 100% sure that is a good idea since the signal strength is different.....I know they sell burn in CD's for phono cables, I think just leaving your phono amp powered up is good since you still get some white noise...or simply just play a lot of vinyl!!
  12. Ernie Adams

Maybe Mike will chime in on this. Thanks for the advice.
  13. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

I like your advise about just playing more vinyl:)
  14. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 New Member

Thanks for your feedback on the PH6 cables. I couldn't believe how good the PH3 cables sound so now I'm thinking about moving those to another turntable and getting a pair of PH6 cables.
    Ernie Adams likes this.
  15. Ernie Adams

If you can pull it off, the PH6's are will worth the upgrade. I got the 5 day burn in and it helped quite a bit right away. I did notice some things tapering off at about the 50 hour mark after I got the cables. I have put some more time on them now and they are again opening back up. I am sure in about another 2-3 weeks I will have them fully broken in. They are AMAZING!!!
  16. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

My bank account cannot handle these type of posts!
  17. JRSBat

JRSBat Active Member

Congrats on the new cables! Be careful!!! Once you try the MA6 you will want them throughout your system. I am getting my last MA6 today! The box also will include the REL cable upgrade I read about in this forum.

When I will send back my last MA4 I will be finished with all upgrades for quite a while. Now I will just kick back and enjoy the tunes.:)
  18. Ernie Adams

Update on the PH6's. They have really started to open up. Today I really noticed a lot more air and space with them. Starting to really become amazing.
  19. Ernie Adams

Noticing something really nice with the cables. I am listening at a reduced volume, for the wife. I notice there is a lot more detail now at the lower volumes. Probably just the cables continuing to open up, but is nice to hear.
  20. Weber

Weber Active Member

Mine did the same on the sp2 cables.Very nice at lower volume,but I like it at live levels.