Rewiring Technics 1200

Discussion in 'Morrow Phono Cables' started by kad56, Feb 8, 2014.

1. kad56

kad56 New Member

In my current SL-1200 Mk5 I have removed the factory wiring from the circuit board and installed a 5' run of BJC LC-1 due to it's low capacitance. What I wanted to know if there is a Morrow cable that I could use in this fashion that may yield great results.

Currently I have the single section of cable from the circuit board to the phono pre, but wanted to possibly try using a short section of cable to a set of RCA connectors in the rear of the TT, then another pair of cables to the phono preamp. I understand this will result in another connection but may also provide a better setup.

Not sure what cables in the Morrow inventory that I could use, also keeping the exterior dimension down to 1/4" max would be ideal. Currently the LC-1 is just slightly larger than that and is a tight fit.
  2. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Any in our phono line will yield an improvement. The higher you go in the line, the better the sound. We likewise offer
    a bare wire option on the turntable end for soldering in. this is selected through the drop down box in the cart.
    Phono cables: http://www.morrowaudio.com/phonocables.htm