Show us your set up

Discussion in 'My System' started by Ernie Adams, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Morrow Audio

Morrow Audio Mike Morrow Staff Member

Very nice changes Ed! I need to come over soon for a listen, a cigar or two and a glass of wine. I miss those times at your house. I need to come out of the business work and smell the roses a little!
  2. Ed Morris

Ed Morris Member

I would love it Mike. Just say the word. You are always welcome.
  3. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Just added a set of Sound Anchor stands to the mix. Those things are tanks, and sure do make a difference. image.jpeg
    Ed Morris, Bonz and Lewis Smith like this.
  4. DGA

DGA New Member

My home office with 30 day old MA3s.
    Triton.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Sweet Setup DGA! I like it!:D
    DGA likes this.
  6. Ed Morris

Ed Morris Member

Well done. I see the felt around the tweeters too.

Guys these speakers are really good. Audio Note took this design and continues to make them, at a significant price increase. Their top model sell for close to $30k! I got my originals in 1979 for $800, I picked up a pair of model 3 with stands for $300.
    If you are looking for nice speakers for a reasonable price, they are hard to beat.
    Ernie Adams likes this.
  7. Ernie Adams

The only thing I want to do now is get a pair of new woofers from Atomic Hi Fi. I did this with my old Snell Type C's and it made a world of difference. Even just the way they are now, I would put them up against anything in the 5-6000 range. I have heard Focals and Tannoy's in that range and while they are good in some areas, they are not as good "all round" like my little E II's.
  8. Ed Morris

Ed Morris Member

Personally I like paper woofers but I would like to hear the Audionote hemp woofers, though I'm sure they are stupid expensive like everything else they "make".
  9. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

WIN_20160612_120138.JPG Updated shot of the garage system
  10. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

Looking good Bonz!! Those PSB are sweet..I went speaker hunting about 2 weeks ago and finally did some auditioning at my local audio boutique. These were not on the list but the price offered I could not pass them up, only about 6-10 hours on them, the dealer received by mistake on an order, but they were not going to send them back to England from Tacoma, WA LOL!! So I benefited.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rega RX5 in Walnut......beautiful tower and a sound that is improving with run in time.
    Lewis Smith and Bonz like this.
  11. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

Very nice catcher. I hope they are as satisfying in sound as they are in looks!
  12. Catcher10

Catcher10 Active Member

So far very good, should be real nice after about 200 hours.
  13. Ken Davis

Ken Davis New Member

Here's a good introduction to my system. I can't wait to shed some goodness from the Morrow level 3 IC and Speaker cables that are on the way. I just moved into this hous about 2 months ago, so the wires are a bit of a mess.

Speakers: Harbeth SHL5 30th anniversary model
    Amplifiers: Quicksilver V4 monoblocks (KT150's right now)
    Preamp: Cary SLP-05
    Turntable: VPI Classic 3, SDS, Dynavector DRT-XVS1 cartridge
    Phono preamp: EAR 324P
    Digital setup: Auralic Audio Aries streaming bridge and Vega DAC
    Digital Music: 4 TB Synology NAS, Tidal, Kobuz

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Lewis Smith likes this.
  14. Ernie Adams

Very nice indeed!
  15. mcallij1

mcallij1 Member

My System

Attached Files:

Lewis Smith likes this.
  16. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

Just added this Sud today and as you can tell I like Minimus.7's LOL! This system does not take up that much room but still fills the shop with sound and it is Bluetooth so no CD's to mess with... 1471115719477-1372914014.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Bonz likes this.