The Wife and Too much Gear

Discussion in 'The Wife Acceptance Factor' started by Lewis Smith, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

My wife has ask me several times what I'm going to do with all this extra gear laying around. SO I decided that I will put it in my Shop. Now there is a solution every problem in my book. There you go problem solved. 1441481922119732885160.jpg
  2. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

Too much gear!!? Tell her to get rid of some shoes! lol
    Morrow Audio and Lewis Smith like this.
  3. Lewis Smith

Lewis Smith Well-Known Member

No Way! I have a shoe fetch thing and she knows what to buy. Hell yes I like the boots and the high heels. She has my permission to buy any shoe she wants. Dam I can't believe I just admitted to that on the Web! Mike please delete this post.
    Basil H likes this.
  4. A. Smith

A. Smith Well-Known Member

5. hawkeyedwizard

hawkeyedwizard Active Member

I was recently a part of a conversation, which included a dealer, on this topic. Apparently, there is some feeling that this term is sexist and antiquated. The new and improved acronym is IDF, interior design friendliness.
    Friendly indeed.
    What if you don't have a wife? Or are a Wife, or never will be? Or, maybe you dont go that way, or, your wife died, sadly.
    In any case, I do concur that the term is too specific, to use it is to give it credence, so I will not.
  6. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

Or you could say, OLAF won't approve. Old Lady Acceptance Factor.
  7. hawkeyedwizard

hawkeyedwizard Active Member

If I said that around here, I'd get one upside the head.
  8. Ernie Adams

Ernie Adams Well-Known Member

I do understand. My wife has been very understanding about this hobby. Actually shows some of the stuff off to people when they come over to the house.